Monday, September 17, 2012

Sunday Schooled

I need to get my hands on this book back Max Lucado called "Just Like Jesus." The sermon at church yesterday was on the story of Jesus healing the leper. When asked if He could heal the man, He reached out and touched the man and then spoke the words to heal him. Jesus didn't need to touch the man in order to heal him yet He still touched the diseased man in front of the crowds. Our pastor referred to the leper as an "untouchable" and it really mad me think about the kind of people I would consider untouchable considering leprosy isn't too prevalent here.
What a snob I am. How disgustingly judgmental I am. How am I supposed to exude the love of Jesus if I am so far from loving these "untouchables"? On top of it all, I'm supposed to be setting an example for Carter. I've taught her to love, she has that one down, my prayer for her is to love everyone unconditionally, like Jesus, how I strive to love.

I Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 comment:

  1. tear...we all need more humility. Jesus is and was the perfect example of humility. Hard lesson to learn in our visual, self centered, me me me world

    ReplyDelete